Does my child need braces?
There are many reasons why your child’s orthodontist may recommend braces, including:
- Misplaced, protruding or blocked teeth.
- Overcrowded or awkwardly spaced teeth.
- Teeth, jaw or bite misalignment.
- Consistent mouth breathing or thumb-sucking.
Your orthodontist may notice subtle signs of issues that can escalate if not corrected. Fixing potential problems like these early on can also help with sleeping or breathing and improve conditions like asthma.
Our braces for kids teeth
You and your child will have the option to choose between these different braces styles:
- Metal braces: With traditional metal braces, the orthodontist attaches gold or silver plates to each tooth. Wires and rubber bands connect the plates and correct your teeth by moving them into place. Metal braces are the most common form of kid’s braces.
- Clear ceramic braces: Find a more aesthetically pleasing option with ceramic braces. While they work the same way as metal braces, the plates are clear and blend into the teeth better, giving them a less pronounced appearance.
- Invisalign®: Finally, our least noticeable and most temporary option is Invisalign aligners. Instead of attaching plates to your kid’s teeth, these aligners are clear trays that your child can remove whenever they’re eating or brushing their teeth. Your child wears them for at least 22 hours a day, changing aligners every two weeks as their teeth adjust to new positions.
Often, children only need to wear braces for about 12 to 18 months. Since their jaws are not yet fully developed, their teeth shift more easily and have room to correct and grow properly.
Connect with Reflections Orthodontics today
If you think your child needs braces or an early orthodontic evaluation, Reflections Orthodontics is standing by to schedule your appointment. Childhood is hard enough without feeling self-conscious about your smile, so let us help your kid feel confident by correcting their teeth with braces.